Subject: Re: Floppy disk progs
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 1994 07:33:44 +0000 (GMT)

I wrote:

>  I then tried it on my friends A1200 without a hard drive, and after loading
>  the executable it asks you to put in the workbench disk (or whatever you
>  booted with) and it loads something, then crashes.
>
>  The question is, what is it trying to load from the workbench disk?  And
>  why?  Surely once you've made an executable it should run as a stand-alone
>  program?

  I've tried running SnoopDOS and the file it is trying to load in is
  'LIBS:diskfont.library'.  So I made a LIBS drawer on my floppy disk,
  and copied this file into it.  BUT when I run my executable prog., it
  still asks for the boot disk to be replaced, even though the file
  it is looking for is available already on my game disk!!  Why doesn't it
  look there first?  Is there any way of making sure that is does?

  Thanx, Matthew.

____________________________________________________________________________
////////// Matthew O'Donnell |||||||||| [email-masked] \\\\\\\\\
------------------------------------------------------------------------------